The Conception to Age Two All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) brings together parliamentarians from across the political spectrum with a shared passion for improving babies’ early relationships, experiences and outcomes.
The APPG is chaired by Tim Loughton, MP for East Worthing and Shoreham. The secretariat is provided by the Parent-Infant Foundation.
The group meets regularly to:
- Hear the latest developments in national and local policy and practice
- Understand the challenges currently facing babies and their families and the services that work with them
- Advocate for policy change.
Meetings take place three or four times a year in the Houses of Parliament and are usually attended by over 100 passionate professionals, academics and campaigners.
Current officers of the group are:
- Tim Loughton, Conservative
- Lucy Powell, Labour
- Sharon Hodgson, Labour
- Caroline Ansell, Conservative
- Fiona Bruce, Conservative
- Mariam Cates, Conservative
- Wera Hobhouse, Lib Dem
- Sally-Ann Hart, Conservative
- Siobhan Baillie, Conservative
- Rt Hon Baroness Hollins
- Lord Russell of Liverpool