The Conception to Age Two All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) brings together parliamentarians from across the political spectrum with a shared passion for improving babies’ early relationships, experiences and outcomes.
The APPG is chaired by Tim Loughton, MP for East Worthing and Shoreham. The secretariat is provided by the Parent-Infant Foundation.
The group meets regularly to:
- Hear the latest developments in national and local policy and practice
- Understand the challenges currently facing babies and their families and the services that work with them
- Advocate for policy change.
Meetings take place three or four times a year in the Houses of Parliament and are usually attended by over 100 passionate professionals, academics and campaigners.
Current officers of the group are:
- Tim Loughton, Conservative
- Norman Lamb, Liberal Democrat
- James Morris, Conservative
- Frank Field, Independent
- Baroness Hollins, Crossbench peer
- The Earl of Listowel, Crossbench peer
- Caroline Lucas, Green Party
- Fiona Bruce, Conservative
- Dr Paul Williams, Labour