What we do
We have created a simple infographic which is a visual summary of the work of the Parent-Infant Foundation. The infographic explains what we offer for established and emerging teams including arm’s length support, bespoke consultation and advice. We detail our policy and campaigning work: advocating at a national level for parent-infant provision; supporting teams’ local conversations; organising Infant Mental Health Awareness week annually to raise awareness of the importance of early relationships and campaign for change; and leading the First 1001 Days Movement and co-ordinating the Conception to Age 2 All-Party Parliamentary Group. We also explain the benefits to teams of membership of the Parent-Infant Teams Network, a free multi-disciplinary collective that provides resources, briefings, regular network events and peer support.
You can download this as an A3 or A4 poster using the links below.
Across the UK, we support local areas in the following ways:
We have directly supported eight areas around the UK to set up and deliver specialised parent-infant relationship teams and continue to offer various types of support to many other established or emerging teams. This includes bespoke development, implementation and strategic consultation, advice and mentoring. We have learnt a lot from teams about how to set up strong and effective services, and we freely share these learnings via this website, our toolkit, conversations and partnerships.
Please contact us to find out more.
We invite every specialised parent-infant relationship team around the UK to join the national Parent-Infant Teams Network. It is a free, multi-disciplinary collective that provides:
- A space for shared learning and information
- Continued professional development, peer discussions and mutual support
With the aim of:
- Facilitating the sharing of resources, good practice and help with common challenges
- Fostering a shared drive to improve the reach, quality and impact of teams
The Teams Network offers:
- A number of face-to-face events each year
- The network newsletter and monthly newsbites which further facilitates networking and collaboration
Later this year we will begin a series of webinars on areas of shared interest.
We support parent-infant teams with information about how to better use data, evidence and evidence-based practice to ensure high quality services. We consult with the Parent-Infant Teams Network on workforce development and quality improvement work.
Part of our mission is to convince national and local decision makers across the UK about the importance of policies and services to support parent-infant relationships, and specifically about the importance of specialised parent-infant relationship teams. We co-ordinate the Conception to Age 2 All-Party Parliamentary Group and the First 1001 Days Movement. Our most recent report Rare Jewels: Specialised Parent-infant Relationship Teams in the UK contains the most up-to-date analysis of provision across the UK and advocates for policy changes that will support the growth of services across the country.
The Parent-Infant Foundation is an evidence-based organisation:
- We use and signpost to current evidence to assist our work with specialised parent-infant relationship teams and decision makers.
- We support the creation of new evidence through our own research and evidence activities, the facilitation or commissioning of research, and through our support to local teams.