Administration and Communications Officer
- Three days (24 hours) a week – can be worked flexibly
- £13,800-£15,000 per annum (£23,000-£25,000 prorated)
- Primarily home-based but with some time in our London office
- Fixed-term contract (two years) with the possibility of extension
This is an exciting time to join the Parent-Infant Foundation. We have always been a small charity that punches well above our weight. Now we have a new leadership team, a new strategy, and are keen to ensure we are agile and efficient in our activities.
The Parent-Infant Foundation is a national charity that bridges the gap between frontline delivery, local commissioning and national decision-making when it comes to parent-infant relationships in families with the most complex and persistent difficulties. Our mission is to support the growth and quality of specialised parent-infant relationship teams across the UK.
You can find out more about our work here on this website.
Principal duties and responsibilities
Working with the small and friendly team, you will have experience of office administration with good attention to detail, excellent IT skills and a flair for digital communication. You will provide the first point of call to all external enquiries, help us organise the logistics for events and be an organised and enthusiastic part of the team. You will provide administrative support to the team and be willing to muck-in as necessary.
About the team
As an organisation we are a small team of seven that work flexibly and from home, meeting up at least monthly as a team and connecting daily through other channels. We care about each other and the work that we do and strive to reach our mission of increasing the support for parent-infant relationships across the UK. We are a great charity to work for, offering 25 days per year (pro rata) annual leave, 5% employer pension contributions and good general support.
We are keen to hear from you if you have existing experience in roles such as finance manager, company secretary, or similar. Please read the job description and person specification before applying.
Your application should consist of the following:
- A CV of no more than two pages long explaining your employment and education history
- A separate covering letter (no more than two pages) which provides examples of how you meet the essential criteria outlined within the job description.
Notes to candidates
- Interviews: all shortlisted candidates will hear within a week of the closing date and will be invited to attend a face-to-face interview.
- Unsuccessful applications: if you have not been contacted within one week of the closing date, we regret that you will not have been offered an interview on this occasion.
Closing date is 5pm Monday 9th March 2020.
Interview date: Friday 3rd April 2020 in Central London.
Please apply through the Charity Job website via this link: https://www.charityjob.co.uk/jobs/parent-infant-foundation/administration-and-communications-officer/689138
If you would like a confidential chat about the role please contact Beckie Lang on 07767 365718 within working hours.
No agencies please.